Friday, May 12, 2006

A close shave with a couple of tyres...

So, it was a lovely sunny morning, and Neal my esteemed colleague and friend and myself were driving round the edge of Luton when suddenly... out of no where a truck came hurtling round the corner and 2 tyres flew off and came bouncing towards us.

Luckily they missed the wind screen and bounced off the bonnet, denting the bonnet slightly and smashing one of the headlights. The worst part was the guy in the truck didn't even stop or anything to see if we were ok, or to even get his tyres.

This leads me to believe that either he didn't realise he lost the tyres off the b ack, or it was too much trouble for him to stop and swap details and stuff, and he would probably get in trouble because the tyres weren't attached properly in the first place.

Either way, it shook us both up a bit. If the tyres had bounced a slightly different way they could've hit the wind screen, which would've easily smashed with the weight, and things would of been a bit more fatal.

But luckily we were ok, and have lived to see another day. Does bring things a bit into focus though when stuff like that happens.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave Heath said...

WOW! Praise God you are both ok!

I havn't had a near death experince in ages (they happen often enough for me)


In other news, I just noticed the posting name you use! Holy Joely! sounds like a Pope

12:11 am  
Blogger Steveybabe said...

Wow! am glad you're ok...seems you're not alone. A friend of mine told me about a similar situation.

"I was travelling home one night on the F3 free way and a tyre came off a car going the opposite direction rolled down the getter in the middle and came up the other side, was launched 30ft in the air then came down and
landed on the roof of my car pushing the roof to the point of just pressing my skull. At that speed you can imagine the impact! It broke my glasses and I had to throw the jumper I was wearing away as it was full of
glass fragments. Had I been 1" taller my skull would have been crushed."

8:01 am  
Blogger Tom Wade said...

Wow happy story there... Holy Joely you do not blog enough I want the world to know about your bird flu and Romanian travels... Hurry up and blog!

9:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home