Saturday, April 01, 2006

Everything is changing.... but I still stay the same!

Hey dudes.

I am finding that blogging regularly is not as easy as I first thought. I always have good intentions with stuff like this, but at the moment other things always seem to take first place like sleeping.

But do not fear I am here to blog again, and update you all on the ins and outs of my life.

A lot of developments have taken place since I last blogged, meaning lots of things have changed. We are no longer doing our big Easter Opening for reasons you will see later, and this week I had to cancel our Kids Music Academy till after Easter cos of shortage of space due to building work and shortage of staff.

Basically Liz, who is the worship director at LCF and my boss, is having to go into hospital anytime soon for an operation. This means she'll be off work for a good few weeks leaving me in charge of it all, which is quite scary. Even scarier is I have to lead worship for the big Easter morning service!!! Please pray for me, as at the minute the whole thing is quite daunting for me and in all my time working at LCF Liz has always been there as a back up and someone to call on if I get stuck, so it will be scary not having her around for a while.

I mentioned in my last blog that I have been asked to play drums in a new band. The band is being put together by my old music tech teacher Ross, with a few other music teachers from across the region. It's gonna be a sort of soul/funk covers band problem mainly doin functions and stuff. I am really looking forward to it tho, as its the first band I've got to play drums in for ages, and hopefully it will be good fun, and a good way for me to relax.

Developments for next year - some of you may or may not know I've been looking into the possibility of next year Sound Engineering for a band touring round the UK who are based in Manchester. I'm off up to Manchester on the 3rd March to have a meeting with the guy in charge of it - a kind of informal interview I think. Your prayers round this are would be much appreicated. The idea really pulls me, but it would be a big move going up to Manchester, and it would mean leaving all my friends and stuff going on in Luton behind.

Anyway, life in general is busy as always. Have a lot of stuff to do between now and Easter and then looking forward to going down to Salisbury to stay with my good friends Steve and Lianna for a week.

I am very much enjoying being in my office at LCET, peace out to all the LCET dudes and dudettes(especially my pals Tom and Lucy, and Lillie cos she posted on my blog) you guys all work so hard and you rock!!!

I must go for now, but WILL blog again soon I promise....

6 Comments:

Blogger Steveybabe said...

hey dude!

nice to get your update

let me know how the interview goes, sounds really cool.

steve

11:23 am  
Blogger Sipech said...

*echoes Steve*

Did you mean 3rd of March of 3rd of April?

6:32 pm  
Blogger Holy Joely said...

Sorry guys I actually meant the 3rd May... ooops!

10:22 pm  
Blogger Dave Heath said...

Hey Joel, that sounds awesome. I keep meaning to head in to see Ross at some point so you will have to keep us informed of when gigs are!

and good luck for on the 3rd of whatever month you decide it to be in

8:04 pm  
Blogger gill said...

will pray for you =]

12:01 am  
Blogger Tom Wade said...

Holy holy Joely - It seems a it daft leaving u a comment as ur never more than 10 feet away from me, but I thought I would just say that my shoulder and back are in mucho pain because of that STUPID cupboard - but it was fun all the same. Sorry for saying rude words while we were doing it...

6:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home