Friday, June 08, 2007

Living it up in Le Biot!

So as my first year of Uni came to an end, so started my 2 week break from work. I'm usually really bad at taking time off work, a lot of the time I just end up taking a random few days here and there. However, I decided it would be a good idea this year to have a decent stretch of time off, so I booked it off nice and early and coincided it with the end of term at Uni.

Its not easy booking holiday when you do a lot of freelance/casual work as its always difficult turning working down, especially when a good gig comes up. But I've managed to stick to my guns, and I started my holiday by flying out for a few days in France with some guys from my Life Group at church.

We were staying in a lovely villa in a little village called Le Biot which is just on the edge of the alps. I cant even begin to describe some of the amazing landscape and views you get there. The pictures don't really do it justice, but they give you the general idea.







So yeah, nice views, cool weather, good company. What more could one ask for??? We didn't do a lot while we were out there, went on a few nice walks, including a river gorge walk which was really cool(see a pic below), played lots of Scrabble, Yatzee, Ludo, did some reading, watched some DVD's(including a channel 5 sitcom called House which I think I got a bit addicted to), and just generally relaxed.



It was just what I needed as the last year since starting Uni has been non stop busy-ness, so some chill out time was definitely welcomed!

I have now returned back to wonderful Luton for a few days, today I popped into Uni to drop off some library books and then stopped off to visit my grandparents for a few hours, which was nice as I hadn't seen them properly for a while. Monday I continue my travels by going up to Sheffield to visit Spencer my cousin, then on Tuesday I'll go on to Leeds to visit my old buddy Adam. Thursday I come back to Luton to fly out to Northern Ireland with my good friend Gareth, to visit one of our old housemates Rob.

Monday evening I return back to Luton and that will be the end of my break and small tour of the UK. Hopefully I will be refreshed and ready to take on the busy-ness that I'm sure the summer will bring.

I'll let you know how I get on!

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Flower said...

Hey Holy, glad you got a break and hope Soul Survivor didn't undo all that!! Hope you had fun and blessings. Glad to see you're still on the blogging wagon - we all fall off from time to time so don't worry there! Anyway have a blessed rest of summer and I'm still looking for a guitar teacher so if you get a space (and you could bear it) let me know!

12:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home